Monday 11 June 2012

Not Able To Download/Update Apps On HTC Wildfire S (Storage Error)- Solution

"HTC wildfire s wont let me update my apps?"
"I have HTC wildfire s and it won't let me update my apps. For example I am trying to update my whatsapp as it says it needs updating but when i try to update I get a pop up saying insufficient storage available when I have 15mb of available. Can you help me it's really annoying?"

Asked by Anonymous

Wildfire S needs atleast 25-30 MB free otherwise it doesn't update applications. Here are some effective ways with which you can create more storage in your phone and update applications-

1. Have you sent applications from your phone memory to your SD Card? HTC wildfire S comes with a 2 GB SD card packed. Not all applications can be transfered from your phone to the SD Card but transferring the possible ones will get you storage. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > "Application Name" > Move To SD Card (Applicable for only some applications)

2. Delete an application you do not use frequently. You can always find it on the internet and save it as an APK File if you want to use it in future. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > "Application Name" > Uninstall

3. Clear cache from applications. Cache itself takes up lot of your storage. Delete cache you do not want, like that of web browsers or e-books. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > "Application Name" > Clear Cache

If you use these methods to get some more storage in your phone you will be able to update and download applications normally again.

7 comments:

  1. thanks a lot! i was looking for this for so long

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my HTC Wildfire S is simply awful. I cannot update, and therefore, use WhatsApp. I have 39MB free but still no luck.
    I deleted Viber whilst trying to make space. When WhatsApp didn;t work, I tried to reinstall Viber..... and guess what....no that doesn't install. How is that possible???

    So frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: This tweak might work for you: http://www.bongizmo.com/blog/moving-all-android-apps-to-sdcard-apps2sd-froyo/

    It is tedious but it should do the job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this problem. Creating extra space didn't help either. What worked was that I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it. If you are afraid of losing your messages you can use and app to back it up before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 125MB free in my phone and another 3gb in my memory card and still can't download anything.It say "insuficient memory". Please help

    ReplyDelete
  6. when i tried to update my whatsapp , playstore shows a message that this app cannot be updated due to error 101. when i uninstalled whatsapp and tried to again install it , the message comes that you have insufficient memory . now i have lost all my messages. pls help..
    i would have bought an galaxy ace if i knew this is the problem with the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instal s2e amd make a partition on Sd and it will free up to 200-300 mb of Internal storage but your device needs to be rooted :)

    ReplyDelete